Thursday, September 22, 2011

AVID Induction Ceremony

So I just came home from the AVID induction ceremony at school today and I have to say, it seems like just yesterday when I was attending it for the first time as a freshmen. The auditorium was packed with students and their families, mine included, and you could just feel all the support from everybody. The most memorable part of the evening for me was watching the freshmen and new AVID members get their torches lit and pass it on to their peers. It brought back flashbacks to when I was standing in that 'U for unity' and also remembering who was in it with me, a lot of those peoples torches completely dimmed out. I am proud to have been in AVID all four years and it has been quite a memorable journey, and it's not even over yet. I'm excited to go back to school with the AVID mantra in mind and refreshed in my head. I will act now! (:


No comments: