Friday, September 23, 2011

Back Into The Arts

I have always been a very creative person and have expressed that through drawing, painting, acting, dancing, writing, and any other way I could think of. I went to a magnet arts middle school and specialized in visual arts. I lost interest for a period of time but after being being surrounded by so many great artists in the fashion world this summer, I was inspired to get back into the arts. I decided to take a fine arts class this year and join the National Art Honor Society.  We did a still life drawing today and i have to say I was surprised at how well it came out, even the teacher told me I did a great job. :)
I also learned about a new artist, Takashi Murakami. I think his work is so fascinating and unique! I am excited to keep learning about artists and doing more drawing assignments so that I can get to the level I want to be on.  I have so much room to grow and ways to improve! :)

No comments: