Thursday, March 8, 2012

Kony 2012

Today I was just browsing around on youtube watching various videos by my favorite youtubers when I saw something that stood out. In the comments of practically every video I watched, everyone was talking about this video called 'Kony 2012'. I thought it was just spam so I ignored it at first but my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to search it and check it out. The video was about a man named Kony Joseph, who is the leader of a rebel group in Uganda and who has kidnapped tens of thousands of children only to turn young boys into child soldiers and young girls into child prostitutes for the sole purpose of gaining power. I was very surprised that this has been going on for almost 30 years and this man has not been stopped. I think everyone should see this video and become more aware and help the cause as much as they can. I know if it was America in this situation, we would want someone to come to our rescue just as much.

No comments: