Thursday, March 1, 2012

March Madness

Today is the first day of March and the first day associated with the months of spring. Since it is getting warmer, I think it's safe to say we didn't have much of a winter this year, which is fine with me because I dread the cold. However, it kind of makes me wonder if that is a bad thing or not what with global warming being an issue. Aside from that, today was a very productive day at school. In art class we talked more in depthly about portraits and we learned about an artist named Kehlinde Wiley, who sparked change in today's art world by painting modern day, African American figures in a Renaissance fashion. His art work is really different and unique, which is hard to do nowadays when it seems like everything there is to do has already been done. In AVID, I got a lot more progress done with my doodle for google image. I decided to change my theme to 'If I could go back in time, I'd visit the 1960's because it was a revolutionary time period of change for women, art, and modern beliefs that changed the way we view the world today.' In photography, I edited the pictures I took during the weekend with photoshop and realized that certain pictures make a bigger impact in black and white than they do color. Over all, I feel like I got to be very creative today. :)


No comments: