Monday, December 19, 2011

Back from Vacation

Today was my first day back from the Bahamas but I still felt like I was in vacation mode. I gave all my classes my best effort even though I didn't feel like doing much. In art class, we started working on our own personal street art piece that we would be putting up in school. Mr Hammer gave me a pass to walk around the school to get some inspiration on what I wanted to draw and where I would put it. Looking at the water fountain made me think about how we are lucky to have clean water when other kids in less developed countries do not have easy access to clean water and even have to walk miles for it when we, on the other hand, can simply take a few steps down the hallway, to our kitchen sink, or refrigerator. After getting my inspiration, I decided to draw the earth and then water pouring into it to symbolize clean water for everybody. After finding the images on google, I put them up on the projector and traced it on a big poster board. Here are a few pictures of what I've done so far.


No comments: