Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Start Small To Get Big

Today, for some reason, Eric Thomas's TGIM videos popped up in my head so I decided to catch up on them. We don't watch his videos in class anymore for some reason. Unfortunately, I don't think people took it seriously in class or realized how powerful his words really are. To this day, they still help to keep me motivated and have a more positive perspective on things. The episode I watched was called 'Using Small To Get Big'. There were a lot of things that he said that really stood out to me, one of them being that some people use their sight but don't have a vision. This means that people just accept their surroundings and their lifestyle and don't believe they can do any better than that when you really can. His first of the three principles were that if you do something, you have to do it well or don't do it at all. The second principle was that you have to do things right the first time because you don't know if there will be another time to do it right. The third principle is that you have to give small a chance to be big. Overall, I learned that you have to make every single second count.

No comments: