Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Day

Happy New Year! It's 2012 now, it sounds kind of scary but this year will be really special for me. I'll be graduating this year, I'll be going to senior prom, and it'll be my first year being on my own after high school. I'm very excited! I woke up very late this morning because I stayed up until 2am last night. Today, my cousin Renee will be coming over again to celebrate with us. Around five o'clock we ate the big New Year's dinner my mom took all of yesterday to make and it was very worth it. She made black eyed peas with rice (which are supposed to be good luck), collard greens, honey ham, potato salad, curry chicken, and Renee bought brownies and cookies for dessert. It was so good. (: Afterwards, we played Just Dance 3 until Renee had to leave. It was a very fun way to spend the first day of the new year. :)

No comments: