Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Toast For Change In 2012

Today in AVID, we did our annual toast for change, an idea inspired by the film 'Freedom Writers' about what we plan to change about ourselves by breaking destructive cycles, experiencing paradigm shifts, and improving ourselves to the best of our abilities. We all went around the room sharing what our changes would be and a lot of people we very brave to share extremely personal things that I would never have guessed they had a problem with. My toast for change was to be more assertive and go after what I want instead of being the quiet girl in the background. As we say in AVID, I have to act now for now is all I have. Success will not wait. If I delay, success will become wed to another and lost to me forever. This is the time. This is the place. And I am the person.

No comments: