Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I celebrated Thanksgiving by going to New York to celebrate the holiday with my dad's side of the family. We rented a very nice and spacious Ford Explorer that had three rows so everyone had enough room to be comfortable during the three hour trip. It took a bit longer than that because a lot of people were traveling for the holiday but seeing all my family after so long made it worthwhile. When I got there, I greeted all the familiar faces, and also many new ones. My family rented out a nice, big space for us to have a big, buffet-style Thanksgiving dinner. While we waited, my cousins took turns singing karaoke to their favorite songs. The star of the show was my little eight-year-old cousin Jenaye.  You can tell she has a passion for singing and dancing; she's just a natural born talent and performer. When the food was ready, we gathered around in a circle to say grace and bless the food. My family really knows how to cook and by the end of the dinner everyone was stuffed!
Top left picture: (on the left) My cousin Jeniya (on the right) My sister Nia
Top right picture: (on the left) My cousin Amber (in the middle) Jeniya (on the right) Me
Bottom left picture: Me and Amber
Bottom right picture: My plate with turkey, ham, stuffing, macaroni, sweet potatoes, and collard greens. Mm :)

No comments: