Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Trick of the Trade

With a week of experience since I started my job, I can say it is a lot easier and I have learned so much. Today, the assistant manager, Jamie, taught what I should do when someone is acting suspiciously or tries to shoplift. After he would teach me something, we would practice a realistic scenario and he said I did really well and he was impressed. For example, if someone puts something from our store in a bag of theirs, instead of asking them why they did that, I would say, "I noticed you really like this (whatever they put in the bag) and I just wanted to let you know we have it on sale today for ____% off. I can hold this at the register for you while you shop around." This is a more gentle approach instead of being accusatory and it can even change the persons mind about shoplifting in the first place. :)

No comments: