Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Perfect Day

Today was an amazing day, from start to finish. In art class, we watched this really cool documentary called, Exit Through The Gift Shop. The film documents the stories of some of the most notorious street artists in the world such as, Space Invader, Shepard Fairey, Banksy, Thierry Guetta, and many others. Then in English class, we watched the movie, Lord of the Flies. I already watched this movie outside of school because I was so anxious but it was still very enjoyable to watch with my friends and classmates. In AVID, we had our Food RAG (Read Around Group) and that was really fun. Before I started reading my story, Dona told me that I earned 100 points for my house (House of Themis) because she used my blog at her presentation and she said it set a great example and everyone was very impressed. I was so happy to hear this and everyone in the class cheered for me. Everyones story was great and so was the food. At first I was a little disappointed because no one even touched the cake I brought in but after Prosper announced that he would take it home if no one was going to eat it, everyone wanted a piece! I got to leave early afterwards to go to the honor roll assemble, where I met up with a lot of my friends who also made honor roll. The ceremony was very nice and everyones name was called to get their certificate and shake hands with the principle. Over all, today was a fantastic day and a great way to end the week and transition into the Thanksgiving holiday. :)


Before the chaos of 29 hungry and anticipating AVID scholars! 

People ate my cake, yay! I gave the rest to Prosper.

My certificate for making honor roll :)

My invitation to the honor roll assemble.

No comments: